Sr DevOps Engineer
Who we are
HopSkipDrive is a mission driven company with the goal of making life easier for busy parents by taking some of the stress out of their family's busy schedule while also creating an economic opportunity for women. We are a ride service for kids that helps busy families get their kids where they need to go safely and reliably when their parents can’t. We do that by matching families with highly vetted and curated CareDrivers, who are caregivers first and drivers second. All CareDrivers have a minimum of 5 years of childcare experience and must pass a mom-approved, rigorous 15-point certification process, which includes extensive background checks, fingerprinting, DMV checks, reference checks, driver training, and meeting every single driver in person.
We were founded by 3 working moms who have 8 kids between them and who developed HopSkipDrive as a solution to their own problems getting kids where they needed to go. We are a VC-backed company with investment and involvement from nearly every major LA investor including Upfront Ventures, Greycroft and Pritzker. We recently closed a $10.2M Series A led by FirstMark Capital, bringing total funding to $14.1M.
We are based in downtown LA and our growth has exceeded even our own expectations. Our mission, our enormous market potential, our team and the technology challenges we are solving make HopSkipDrive one of LA’s hottest startups and an all-around awesome place to work.
Who you are
You are an expert go developer with experience leading devops for a rapidly scaling service. You will be working on our core infrastructure and internal tooling. At HopSkipDrive, we know that to tackle our toughest technical challenges, we need different approaches, unique perspectives, and new ways of thinking. We are building a team of creative problem-solvers from many different backgrounds.
Here's what we are looking for:
- 4+ years experience in Go.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science.
- Expertise in Google Cloud Platform or similar cloud infrastructure.
- Expertise in PostgreSQL.
- Proactive approach to ensuring service reliability, scalability, and security. You understand that "devops" is a responsibility of the entire engineering team, and know how to put in place the processes necessary to prevent major issues from surfacing in production and empower software engineers to own their code through the entire software development lifecycle.
- Expert ability to write high quality, thoroughly tested, scalable code. Because we are transporting a family's most precious cargo, the quality and reliability of our service is paramount.
- Experience teaching and learning from other engineers. We work as a close team and believe that building excellent software is a collaborative effort. You enjoy both giving and receiving feedback about how to improve the code base.
- Interest in learning new technologies and owning your code. You understand that the software you build affects other teams and other parts of the stack, and take full ownership of what you build from development to production to its effects on the user.
- Weekly catered lunch.
- The opportunity to build and shape a product that is transforming the lives of families.
- Unlimited vacation.
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance.
- Spacious office in Downtown LA.