Last Updated: May 31, 2018
In general, the Personal Information we gather enables us to provide the Services to you. We require certain Personal Information when you sign up for our Services, including your full name, email address, phone number, home address, and password. We may also collect billing or payment related information so we can process transactions via the Services and determine your eligibility to be a Driver, though some of this information may be transmitted directly to our payment processor or other third party service provider.
We collect any information that you provide to us voluntarily, such as any information, including Personal Information, that you add to your account, We also collect Personal Information from you when you make or accept requests for Rides and otherwise use our Services, such as Ride Description and information about your Riders, such as Riders’ first and last name, phone number and/or photograph.
Users may provide emergency contact information for their account, including such contact’s full name, phone number, and relationship.
When you send an email or otherwise communicate with HopSkipDrive, we may retain those communications in order to process your inquiries, respond to your requests and improve our Services.
When you download the Application, we may collect your device type, your wireless carrier, and a device ID and we associate this with your Personal Information.
HopSkipDrive collects certain information from Drivers during the Driver onboarding process, such as the Driver’s: driver’s license information, expiration, proof of insurance, vehicle registration, etc.
In addition, we collect location-based information through the Application, including, but not limited to geographic areas and other traffic and transportation-related data. If you are a Driver, (i) in situations when a Ride is imminent, we may collect a single GPS coordinate when you claim such a Ride to assure that you will be able to arrive at the pickup location on time, and (ii) we collect your GPS coordinates from the time that you check in for a Ride until such Ride has been completed. Most GPS enabled mobile devices can define one’s location to within 50 feet. The location information with respect to a particular Ride will be associated with that Ride and with the Arranger and Rider(s) of that Ride. You can choose not to provide us with certain information by disabling this functionality on your mobile device, but this may limit the features of the Application or Services you are able to use. For example, Drivers cannot provide Rides with this functionality disabled. We collect this information for various purposes – including improving and enhancing our Services and for our internal business purposes.
If you participate in a contest or giveaway with us, we may ask you for your email address and/or home number (to notify you if you win or not). We may also ask for first and last names, and sometimes post office addresses to verify your identity. In some situations we may need additional information as a part of the entry process, such as a prize selection choice. These contests are voluntary. We recommend that you read the rules for each contest that you enter.
We may record calls placed or received via the Application (such as between Drivers and Arrangers) and such calls may be recorded and stored by us. We use this information to facilitate the Services, investigate User complaints and claims, and otherwise provide and improve the Services.
Drivers may upload photographs and a short bio, which may contain Personal Information and will be visible to Arrangers and Participants.
We may conduct comprehensive background checks on Drivers which may include fingerprinting, drug screening, verification of medical examinations, and/or TB skin tests and will collect certain of the information you provide as part of these checks, such as criminal background checks. We collect this information to provide and improve the Services and if you fail to provide any information related to such screenings, you may not be able to perform Rides.
If you provide us feedback or contact us via email, we will collect your name and email address, as well as any other content included in the email, in order to send you a reply.
To the extent you post information in comments in a publicly available area of our Services (e.g., feedback and reviews on the Driver and the Ride), it will be available to other users of the Services who may use it at their discretion. Please be thoughtful about the information that you post in any forums or comments.
Information Collected by Our Servers. To make our Site, Application and Services more useful to you, our servers (which may be hosted by a third party service provider) collect information from you, including your browser type, operating system, Internet Protocol (“IP”) address (a number that is automatically assigned to your computer when you use the Internet, which may vary from session to session), domain name, and/or a date/time stamp for your visit.
Log Files. As is true of most websites, we gather certain information automatically and store it in log files. This information includes IP addresses, browser type, Internet service provider (“ISP”), referring/exit pages, operating system, date/time stamp, and clickstream data. We use this information to analyze trends, administer the Services, track users’ movements around the Services, gather demographic information about our user base as a whole, and better tailor our Services to our users’ needs. For example, some of the information may be collected so that when you visit the Application or the Services again, it will recognize you and the information could then be used to show you advertisements and other information appropriate to your interests.
Pixel Tags. In addition, we use “Pixel Tags” (also referred to as clear Gifs, Web beacons, or Web bugs). Pixel Tags are tiny graphic images with a unique identifier, similar in function to Cookies, that are used to track online movements of Web users. In contrast to Cookies, which are stored on a user’s computer hard drive, Pixel Tags are embedded invisibly in Web pages. Pixel Tags also allow us to send email messages in a format users can read, and they tell us whether emails have been opened to ensure that we are sending only messages that are of interest to our users. We may use this information to reduce or eliminate messages sent to a user. We do not tie the information gathered by Pixel Tags to our users’ Personal Information.
How We Respond to Do Not Track Signals. We do not currently respond to “do not track” signals or other mechanisms that might enable consumers to opt out of tracking on our Site.
Mobile Services. We may also collect non-personal information from your mobile device if you have downloaded our Application to your mobile device. This information is generally used to help us deliver the most relevant information to you. Examples of information that may be collected and used include your geographic location, how you use our mobile services(s), and information about the type of device you use. In addition, in the event our Application crashes on your mobile device, we will receive information about your mobile device model software version and device carrier, which allows us to identify and fix bugs and otherwise improve the performance of our Application. This information is sent to us as aggregated information and is not traceable to any individual and cannot be used to identify an individual.
USE OF COLLECTED INFORMATION
How we use the Personal Information we collect
Our primary purpose in collecting Personal Information is to provide you with the Services. We may use Personal Information to:
● Facilitate the creation of and administer your account;
● To make calls and send text messages/SMS communications to you, either from HopSkipDrive or other Users, including Drivers and Arrangers, in order to perform and improve the Services and to store such calls and text messages/SMS communications;
● If you are a Driver, to share information with you about Rides you have claimed and other Rides that may be available for you to claim;
● Determine your eligibility to participate in the Services;
● Assist in the arrangement of Rides;
● Provide the Services and customer support you request;
● Process transactions and send notices about your transactions;
● Resolve disputes, collect fees, and troubleshoot problems;
● Market our products and services (and those of third parties) to you that we believe may be of interest to you;
● Customize, measure, and improve our Services, Site and Application; or
● Send you service update notices and administrative emails, and information based on your communication preferences.
We may also use Personal Information to create Anonymous Information records by excluding information that makes the information personally identifiable to you.
You can opt out of receiving certain communications from the Services such as our newsletter by clicking the “Unsubscribe” link at the bottom of each email or emailing us at email@example.com. Please note that even if you unsubscribe or opt-out, we may still send you Application and Services related communications (e.g., emails related to your Rides or comments).
We reserve the right to use Anonymous Information for any purpose and disclose Anonymous Information to third parties in our sole discretion.
HOW WE SHARE INFORMATION
How we share Personal Information with Users
As you know, our Services are designed to connect Arrangers and Drivers for Rides. As such, if you are an Arranger, we must share Personal Information about you and the Riders to Drivers and if you are a Driver, we must share some of Personal Information with the Arranger. You hereby authorize all such disclosures. We request that Users use this information for the purposes of the provision of the obtaining or provide the Ride and not store this information beyond the duration of the individual Ride provided. This information does not include billing information. If you invite Participants to participate in a Ride, such Participants will have the ability to see certain information in your account and certain information about the Ride, such as Driver information, Driver photograph and bio, details about the Ride, Arranger’s name, Riders’ names.
To the extent you or any other Users post information in comments in a publicly available area of our Services (e.g., Driver and Ride feedback and reviews), it will be available to other users of the Services who may use it at their discretion. Please be thoughtful about the information that you post in any forums or comments.
How we share Personal Information with other parties
● Third Party Service Providers. We may share Personal Information with our third party service providers that help us provide Services that we offer.
● Payment Processing Information. For online payments and/or Automated Clearing House (ACH) payouts, we use the payment services of Stripe. We do not process, record or maintain your credit card or bank account information or other related information necessary to process payments. For more information on how payments are handled, or to understand the data security and privacy afforded such information, please see https://stripe.com/us/privacy.
● Governmental Entities. HopSkipDrive may be asked or required by certain applicable governmental entities to report certain information about Drivers and your Rides. If you live in California, no further consent from you is needed for the disclosure of this information.
Disclosure to Third Party Companies.
We may enter into agreements with companies that desire access to Personal Information that we collect from you. AS A RESULT, WE MAY PROVIDE PERSONAL INFORMATION TO SUCH THIRD PARTY COMPANIES. BECAUSE WE DO NOT CONTROL THE PRIVACY PRACTICES OF THESE THIRD PARTY COMPANIES, YOU SHOULD READ AND UNDERSTAND THEIR PRIVACY POLICIES.
NOTICE TO CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS – YOUR CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS (AS PROVIDED BY CALIFORNIA CIVIL CODE SECTION 1798.83)
If we share Personal Information WITH third parties for their own direct marketing purposes, then you have the right to receive information about the ENTITIES to which we have disclosed such information. To submit your written request, please send it to us at firstname.lastname@example.org and put the following words in the subject line of the email: "California Privacy Request." Within 30 days after receipt of your request, we will send you a list of the categories of Personal Information that we disclosed to third parties for their direct marketing purposes during the immediately preceding calendar year, along with the names and addresses such third parties, if any. Please note that the California "Shine the Light" law does not cover all categories of information that may be collected and disclosed or shared, and our policy relates only to information covered by the law. Please note that we are required to respond to one request per California user each year and we are not required to respond to requests made by means other than through this email address.
We reserve the right to disclose Anonymous Information, including publicly, without restriction.
YOUR CHOICES REGARDING YOUR INFORMATION.
● Text Communications. You may opt-out from calls and text message/SMS communications that we send by emailing email@example.com, but will no longer be able to use the Services as a Driver or Arranger if you do so, as such communications are necessary for providing certain of the Services. Notwithstanding any opt-out, we may contact you with any method available (e.g., call, text message/SMS communication, or email) in the case of an emergency.
● Cookies. If you decide at any time that you no longer wish to accept Cookies from our Services for any of the purposes described above, then you can instruct your browser, by changing its settings, to stop accepting Cookies or to prompt you before accepting a Cookie from the websites you visit. Consult your browser’s technical information. If you do not accept Cookies, however, you may not be able to use all portions of the Services or all functionality of the Services.
● Changing or Deleting Personal Information. You may review, update, or correct the Personal Information in your account by editing your account or contacting us. You may request deletion of Personal Information provided to us, and we will use commercially reasonable efforts to honor your request, but please note that we may be required to keep such information and not delete it (or to keep this information for a certain time, in which case we will comply with your deletion request only after we have fulfilled such requirements). When we delete any information, it will be deleted from the active database, but may remain in our archives. We may also retain your information for fraud or similar purposes. Please remember, however, if we have already disclosed some of such Personal Information to third parties, we cannot access that Personal Information any longer and cannot force the deletion or modification of any such information by the parties to whom we have made those disclosures. Certain information is necessary in order for us to provide the Services; therefore, if you delete such necessary information you may not be able to use the Services.
● Application. You can stop all collection of information by the Application by uninstalling the Application). You may use the standard uninstall processes as may be available as part of your mobile device or via the mobile application marketplace or network. You may at any time opt-out from further allowing us to have access to your location data by disabling this functionality on your mobile device.
THIRD PARTY SITES AND SERVICES
NOTIFICATION OF CHANGES
Last updated May 31, 2018