Safety is everything.
Our kids use HopSkipDrive too.
As parents, we worry about our kids and your kids. That's why we've built stringent safety measures into everything we do at HopSkipDrive.
It all starts with the fact that this is a service designed to carry kids. From the way we recruit and screen HopSkipDrive CareDrivers, to requiring our drivers to be members of the TrustLine registry, to our HopSkipRules, safety is kind of our obsession. All CareDrivers must pass a highly selective 15-point certification process before they can drive your kids. If we wouldn't trust them to drive our own kids, we won't put yours in their care.
Before the ride:
- Unique driver requirements that include 5+ years childcare experience
- Comprehensive 15-point driver certification process
- Background checks that include fingerprinting and TrustLine registration
During the ride:
- A personalized code word you and your child create that CareDrivers confirm upon pickup
- You can track your child's ride live via the HopSkipDrive app
- Zendrive partnership to monitor driving behavior and ensure CareDrivers are focused, in control, and not texting or talking on the phone while a kid is in the car
Behind the scenes:
15-point Driver Certification Process
- Loves children and has at least 5 years of childcare experience
- No criminal record
We do the deepest criminal record check legally permissible at the county, state and federal levels everywhere the driver has lived in the last seven years. If we could legally go back further, we would!
- Is a member of the Trustline Registry
We fingerprint our drivers and require them to be members of the TrustLine registry, the gold standard for background checks for childcare providers in the state of California.
No sex offender record
Valid drivers license
We take a copy when we first meet drivers to confirm they are who they say they are.
Good driving record
We run their driving record when we first meet them and on an ongoing basis.
Age 23 or older
Owns or leases a vehicle not more than 10 years old seating 4-7 passengers
We keep a copy of the driver's registration and confirm it matches the car they are driving. We also keep a photo of their car and license plate.
- Passes a 19-point vehicle inspection by a certified mechanic
We confirm the inspection matches the car they are driving.
- In-person meeting with a member of the HopSkipDrive team
- Completes in-person driver orientation
- Has personal auto insurance coverage that meets or exceeds state-required limits
- Adopts the HopSkipRules
- Adopts our zero tolerance policy for smoking, drugs and alcohol while driving
- Adopts the zero tolerance policy for not making physical contact with any electronic device while driving for HopSkipDrive