Zero Tolerance Policy
- Impaired driving, including the use, possession, or being under the influence of drugs or alcohol while using the HopSkipDrive Platform.
- Physical contact between a CareDriver and a youth Rider is strictly prohibited, except in the case of an extraordinary safety reason where emergency assistance is required. In the case of an adult Rider, limited physical assistance may be requested by the adult Rider.
- Illegal use of a mobile device while driving.
- Discrimination against any User on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, age, sexual orientation or any other classification protected by state or federal law.
- Sexual harassment against any User including but not limited to, unwanted verbal or physical advances; leering, gestures, or displaying suggestive objects, pictures, cartoons, or posters; derogatory comments, epithets, slurs, or jokes; graphic comments or suggestive messages or invitation; and physical touching or assault, as well as impeding or blocking movements.
The Arizona Department of Transportation here or by phone at (602) 712-7355
The California Public Utilities Commission at (800) 849-9444 or by email to CIU_intake@cpuc.ca.gov
The Colorado Public Utilities Commission here or by phone at 1-800-456-0858
Department of For-Hire Vehicles using this Online Complaint Form
Maryland Public Service Commission, 410-767-8128, Click to File a Transportation Complaint
The Nevada Transportation Authority using this Online Complaint Form or by contacting 702-486-3303
For trips that begin within Philadelphia, complaints can be filed with the Philadelphia Parking Authority at firstname.lastname@example.org or at (215) 683-9440. For trips in Pennsylvania that begin or end outside of Philadelphia, you can file a complaint with the Pennsylvania Public Utility Commission here.
The Texas Department of Licensing and Regulation here or by phone at (512) 463-6599.
The Virginia Department of Motor Vehicles website or at (804) 249-5130 or (800) 272-9268 (hearing impaired only)
Seattle/King County: Complaints can be filed online with the Seattle Finance and Administrative Services, or by calling 206-684-2489
Spokane: Contact information for the City of Spokane is available here.
Tacoma: Contact information for the city of Tacoma is available here.
Contact information for the Wisconsin Department of Safety and Professional Services is available here for by phone at