Our HopSkipRules are simple and effective
Drivers, you are carrying precious cargo:
- Drive carefully and conscientiously.
- Obey all traffic laws.
- Never illegally talk or text at any time during the ride.
- Set your navigation BEFORE you depart from the pickup location.
- Always keep your eyes on the road.
- Do not leave a drop-off destination until the passenger is safely inside and they wave to indicate that he or she is ready for you to leave.
Riders, being safe is a big deal:
- Stay in your seat, with your seatbelt on.
- Sit in the backseat if under the age of 13.
- No eating or drinking during a HopSkipDrive ride.
- No rough-housing, yelling, or distracting the driver.
- When you get to your destination, go directly to where you’re supposed to be.
We think common sense is the best approach to just about any situation. Whether you’re a driver or a passenger, it’s the essence of being smart.
Drivers, just think like a parent:
- Avoid any situation that puts your passengers at risk.
- Always go to the scheduled destination.
- Do not drop a passenger off anywhere other than the pre-arranged destination.
Riders, put that brain to work:
- Only get into the car if you see the HopSkipDrive flags, the driver is wearing a HopSkipDrive t-shirt, and the driver confirms your password with you.
- Trust your instincts. If you feel unsafe, tell your driver and parents right away.
Drivers should help passengers and their parents feel comfortable:
- Be warm and welcoming.
- Show kindness and consideration.
- Communicate pick-up and drop-offs promptly so parents have peace of mind.
Riders should always:
- Keep your hands to yourself.
- Speak kindly and courteously.
- Be nice to everyone in the car.