Why school districts choose HopSkipDrive
Written by Aylin Cook
This article breaks down six of the many reasons why districts choose HopSkipDrive, namely:
- We’re held to strict industry regulations — and we regularly surpass them.
- We maintain robust casualty insurance based on actual data.
- Our RideIQ technology enables communication and real-time ride tracking for everyone.
- We require caregiving experience.
- We’re entirely transparent about our safety data because we know it’s exceptional.
- We’re environmentally friendly — the CareDriver vehicle network far outperforms regular passenger vehicles in the progression to zero-emission.
From industry-leading approaches to transparent safety data, we offer above-and-beyond safety, cost-effectiveness and a solution that helps districts, schools, counties and more.
Learn more about each point below.
We’re held to strict industry regulations — and we regularly surpass them.
- Minimum insurance requirements in every state in which we operate
- In-depth background checks: We also receive alerts that notify us if anything changes on a driver’s record
- Child abuse and neglect screening (CANS)*
- Motor vehicle search: We receive monthly notifications of any new driver infractions in most markets.
- Criminal and driving history regulations: We also look at the Department of Education standards in each state for individuals who work with children.
- Minimum age for driving on a TNC: For safety, CareDrivers must be at least 23 years of age to qualify for access to the HopSkipDrive platform.
- HopSkipDrive utilizes multi-factor authentication at pickup. In addition, Ride Organizers and all Users on a child’s account can track HopSkipDrive rides in real-time.